Can you just shave my cat and not give him/her a bath?
Unless there is a medical or behavioral reason for a cat not to get a bath, I do not do haircuts on cats without a bath. The main reason being that cats will not get the full benefit of being groomed without having a bath and blow dry, even if I am cutting their hair. Washing and removing excess oils is extremely beneficial for cats and helps to reduce the likelihood of matting and excess dandruff. Clean hair will also cut much easier, making grooming safer and resulting in a better haircut.
Do cats really need to be groomed?
I’ve always heard they groom themselves. Yes cats do clean themselves and are often viewed as very clean animals, but they can absolutely benefit from a professional grooming. They cannot take care of all of their grooming needs, such as removing excess hair and undercoat and excess oils on their skin on their own. Without professional grooming, these things can lead to problems in your pet such as excessive hairballs, matting, dandruff, skin irritation and infections.
Bath, Brush, & Nails
(Includes bath, comb out, ear & eye cleaning, and nail trim)
- Short Haired Cats: $110
- Medium Haired Cats: $115
- Long Haired Cats: * $120
- Super Plush Long Haired Cats: * $125
Blade Lion Cut (1/16″ – 1/4″)
(Includes bath, haircut, ear & eye cleaning, nail trim)
- Short Haired Cats: $120
- Medium Haired Cats: $130
- Long Haired Cats: * $150
Comb Lion Cut (3/8″ – 1/2″)
(Includes bath, comb out, haircut, ear & eye cleaning, nail trim)
- Medium Haired Cats: (cats whose hair is growing back after a haircut) $150
- Long Haired Cats: * $170*For Persians and Himalayans Includes face trim & ear tippings trim
Add-On or Stand-Alone Services
- Sanitary Trim: $10 when added to another service above
- Half Belly Shave: $20
- Full Belly Shave: $25
- Paw Pad Trim / Toe Tuft Trim: $15
- Demat Fee: $20& up (depending on condition & extent)
- Coated Fee: $30 & up (depending on condition & extent)
- Pelted Fee: $50 & up (depending on condition & extent)